Rules & Regulations
THE RULES AND REGULATIONS AT THE RESERVOIR ARE IN KEEPING WITH THE CONCEPT OF A NATURE PRESERVE, NOT A PARK OR PLAYGROUND.
Hiking – Nature Study – Wildlife Observation
Fishing – from boats and shoreline, except from the shoreline of the Environmental Preserve and other restricted areas.
Boating – fishing boats, sail boats, row boats and canoes must be at least 11.6 feet in length.
- All boats must be launched from the Boat Ramp.
- Electric motors only.
- A full list of boating and fishing rules is available.
- All vessels shall move at a NO WAKE speed
Kayaks – must be at least 9 feet in length.
Inflatables – must be a minimum of 10 feet in length and have at least 3 air chambers.
Hunting – restricted hunting under the auspices of the established hunting club, the Merrill Creek Conservation and Sportsmen Association (MCCSA).
Dogs and other pets, outdoors only and must be leashed at all times.
- Swimming – Wading – SCUBA diving – Snorkeling
- Photographing any of the facility structures
- Water skiing – Board sailing – Jet skiing – Stand up paddle boarding or any modified versions of paddleboards – Wind Surfing
- Tubing or other use of water flotation devices
- Picnicking – Camping – Sports activities
- Any activity on ice
- Vehicles of any kind off paved areas
- Bicycles off paved areas
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal substances or possession of drug paraphernalia
- Commercial groups or activities
- Collecting, picking or disturbing plants or wildlife
- Feeding wildlife
- Fires of any kind
- Radios, tape or record players, or other sound-producing devices unless used with earphones
- Smoking, except in parking areas and on the water
- Firearms, bow and arrow, or other weapons, except for hunting permitted under the auspices of the MCCSA
- Archaeological activities, including metal detectors
- Radio-controlled model airplanes, cars, boats and drones
- Fireworks and other explosives
- Skateboards or roller skates
- Climbing on structures or trees
- Protesting or picketing – Soliciting
- Posting or distributing signs or literature
VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECT TO PROSECUTION
No walking, climbing, docking or other access on or at:
- All parts of the Main Dam and its instrument access stairway, with the exception that walking on the roadways across the top is permitted.
- All parts of the three Dikes, with the exception that walking on the roadways across the top is permitted.
- Stoned areas at the bottom of the outside slope of the Main Dam and the Dikes.
- Inlet/Outlet Tower and its bridge.
- Fenced areas posted “Restricted Area.”
- Other areas that are posted with temporary restrictions.