Rules & Regulations
THE RULES AND REGULATIONS AT THE RESERVOIR ARE IN KEEPING WITH THE CONCEPT OF A NATURE PRESERVE, NOT A PARK OR PLAYGROUND.
Hiking –Foot traffic ONLY and ONLY on marked/blazed trails.
Nature study- Wildlife Observation-Bird Watching
Fishing – See specific rules
Boating/Kayaking/Etc.-See specific rules
Cross-Country Skiing-on marked/blazed trails only.
Photography- see specific rule regarding buildings/dam/dikes
Dogs and other Pets-under leash control at all times.
Hunting – restricted seasonal hunting for members of the Hunting club only.
- Use of gas-powered motors, including power-loading and/or charging of electric motors by visitors
- Swimming – Wading–Diving – SCUBA diving – Snorkeling
- Photographing any of the facility structures
- Water skiing – Board sailing – Jet skiing – Stand up paddle boarding or any modified versions of paddleboards
- The use of flyboards or paddleboards, including stand up paddleboards or any modified versions of paddleboards including combo paddleboard/kayak.
- Board Sailing, Wind Surfing, Parasailing, Waterskiing, Tubing, Jet skis or use of any other watercraft or floatation devise not described herein
- Use of multiple transom mounted motors at one time regardless if the motors are all electric and under the 5-horsepower maximum. MCR limits use to only ONE transom mounted electric motor.
- Photographing any building or dam/dike structure
- Picnicking, Camping, or Geocaching
- Sports Activities
- Any activity on ice (skating, fishing, etc)
- Vehicles of any kind off paved areas
- Bicycles or scooters off paved areas
- 4-Wheelers/Quads, motor bikes, dirt bikes
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal or regulated substances
- Commercial groups or activities
- Collecting, picking or disturbing plants or wildlife
- Feeding, collecting, disturbing or harassing wildlife
- Fires of any kind, including grills
- Use of remote-controlled toy watercraft or submersibles
- Drones, radio controlled aircraft
- Launching or landing any type of aircraft
- Sound producing devices, unless used with earphones
- Smoking, except in parking areas and on the water
- Firearms, weapons, fireworks, and/or other explosives
- Skateboards, roller skates, roller blades, hover boards, Swagboards, or Segways
- Climbing on structures or trees
- Protesting, picketing or Soliciting
- Posting or distributing signs or literature
- Archeological activities, including metal detectors or magnet fishing
- Littering, graffiti or defacing structures, signage, vegetation or rocks
- Walking, climbing docking or other access on or at:
- all parts of main dam and its access stairway and the three dikes ( with the exception that walking on the roadway across the top is permitted)
- stoned areas at the bottom of the outside slope of the main dam and dikes
- Inlet/Outlet Tower and its bridge
- fenced areas
- any areas posted as “Restricted Areas”
- other areas that are posted with temporary restrictions
Please park only in designated parking lot areas. All visitors MUST be off the property by posted property closing times.
If you are found to be violating any of these rules you may receive a warning and/or be banned from the premisies. Determination of consequences are at the sole discretion of Merrill Creek Reservoir. Trespassing or vandalism of any kind will be subject to prosecution. (NOTE: being on the property any time that MCR is closed is considered trespassing – so please mind the MCR opening and closing times, as well as, holiday closures).