THE RULES AND REGULATIONS AT THE RESERVOIR ARE IN KEEPING WITH THE CONCEPT OF A NATURE PRESERVE, NOT A PARK OR PLAYGROUND.
Hiking – Nature Study – Wildlife Observation
Fishing – from boats and shoreline, except from the shoreline of the Environmental Preserve and other restricted areas.
Boating – fishing boats, sail boats, row boats and canoes must be at least 11.6 feet in length.
Kayaks – must be at least 9 feet in length.
Inflatables – must be a minimum of 10 feet in length and have at least 3 air chambers.
All boats must be launched from the Boat Ramp.
Electric motors only.
A full list of boating and fishing rules is available.
Hunting – restricted hunting under the auspices of the established hunting club, the Merrill Creek Conservation and Sportsmen Association (MCCSA).
Cross-country skiing – Photography
Dogs and other pets, outdoors only and must be leashed at all times.
- Swimming – Wading – SCUBA diving – Snorkeling
- Photographing any of the facility structures
- Water skiing – Board sailing – Jet skiing – stand on top paddle boards – wind surfing
- Tubing or other use of water flotation devices
- Picnicking – Camping – Sports activities
- Any activity on ice
- Vehicles of any kind off paved areas
- Bicycles off paved areas
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal substances or possession of drug paraphernalia
- Commercial groups or activities
- Collecting, picking or disturbing plants or wildlife
- Feeding wildlife
- Fires of any kind
- Radios, tape or record players, or other sound-producing devices unless used with earphones
- Smoking, except in parking areas and on the water
- Firearms, bow and arrow, or other weapons, except for hunting permitted under the auspices of the MCCSA
- Archaeological activities, including metal detectors
- Radio-controlled model airplanes or boats and drones
- Fireworks and other explosives
- Skateboards or roller skates
- Climbing on structures or trees
- Protesting or picketing – Soliciting
- Posting or distributing signs or literature
VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECT TO PROSECUTION
No walking, climbing, docking or other access on or at:
- All parts of the Main Dam and its instrument access stairway, with the exception that walking on the roadways across the top is permitted.
- All parts of the three Dikes, with the exception that walking on the roadways across the top is permitted.
- Stoned areas at the bottom of the outside slope of the Main Dam and the Dikes.
- Inlet/Outlet Tower and its bridge.
- Fenced areas posted “Restricted Area.”
- Other areas that are posted with temporary restrictions.