Merrill Creek Reservoir – Bass Club and Fishing Tournament Rules
All fishing tournaments must register in advance.
- To coordinate scheduling of fishing tournaments or group fishing events, please have the group’s coordinator contact Merrill Creek Environmental Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org with the requested date of the event. ONLY ONE tournament or group fishing event per day.
- All boats taking part in group outings/fishing tournaments at Merrill Creek Reservoir will access the boat ramp on a first come, first served basis. No preference will be given over other boaters.
- Boaters are not to arrive before 7:30am. Parking is prohibited along Merrill Creek Road prior to the gate opening by order of Harmony Township Ordinance 0:17-11. Please plan your arrival accordingly.
- All vessels shall move at a NO WAKE speed, NO Boat is to plane EVER on the water
- Information on fishing and boating regulations specific to Merrill Creek Reservoir as well as a contour map of the reservoir are available here as well as at the Visitor’s Center and the Boat Ramp.
- There is no use of gas-powered motors on a vessel ever, that includes power loading or charging of electric motors, -only electric motors (10 horsepower max) are acceptable.
- Kayaks need to be a minimum of 9’ and contain some type of factory installed flotation and need to be launched from the kayak launch area unless it arrives on a trailer. If on a trailer, then you can launch from the boat ramp.
- There is no rigging within the boat ramp launch and kayak launch area, or along the boat ramp roadway. Rigging should be done prior to arriving or in designated parking areas.
- Below is the current schedule for tournaments/group outings this year so far. Other dates still available. Email MCR to schedule.
Merrill Creek Reservoir 2024 Fishing Tournament / Group Fishing Outing Schedule
April 27, 2024 – Hawghunters of Allentown Fishing Club
May 11, 2024 – Mid Jersey Kayak Bass Fishing Club
May 18, 2024 – Delaware River Bass Masters
May 19, 2024 – Slaynation Bass Club
June 1, 2024 – The Arc w/ MCCSA
June 9, 2024 – Slaynation Bass Club
July 6, 2024 – Topwater Bassers
July 14, 2024 – NJKBFC
July 21, 2024 – Big Bass Club
August 11, 2024 – Warren County Bass Club
September 7 & 8, 2024 – Round Valley Trout Association (RVTA)
September 22, 2024, – Long Island Kayak Bass Club
September 28, 2024 – ABA Club
October 20, 2024 – ABA Club
NOTE: Due to repeated violations regarding the use of gas power motors on the water at Merrill Creek Reservoir that were not emergency situations – Merrill Creek Reservoir is considering to implement a mandatory removal of engine propellers from vessels with built-in fuel tanks prior to launching. Please abide by the rules of not using gas power motors ANYWHERE on the water, including power loading or charging of electric motors, here at Merrill Creek Reservoir as your actions will determine the outcome of this decision. Keep Merrill Creek Reservoir safe and fun for EVERYONE.